Saturday 6 July 2013

Lost Money

I work waiting tables in a restaurant. At the beginning of each shift, the owner gives us $35 in cash to make change with and pay back at the end of the day. Somehow, I lost mine. I spent over an hour looking everywhere I could, trying to find it. A young couple came in, and asked me what was going on (they had seen me looking upset and searching through the trash can) I told them what was going on, that I had lost money I needed to pay back. They said that they hoped I found it, it was probably around somewhere. I didn't realize till after they paid and left that they gave me a $35 tip.

"Let us more and more insist on raising funds of love, of kindness, of understanding, of peace. Money will come if we seek first the Kingdom of God - the rest will be given."

No comments:

Post a Comment