Sunday 14 July 2013

Unity

After having one of the worst weeks of my life I'm so glad to see it have a happy ending. From crying to sleep to purposeful hope I believe the hope of God really does change lives.

Unity. It is us finally listening to Jesus' commandment to love one another as he first loved us. The harmony between people this weekend has just been so delightful; sharing a meal at one table, listening to each others' stories, combining to praise the one God who has brought us all together. There is no other community like ours. There is nowhere else where such an amazing bunch works hard together, enjoys each others company and are led together and grow together by the grace of God. I believe the whole conference's message was best delivered by the people of the conference being together. It is a glimpse of what heaven on earth will be and it is beautiful. People just laughed and loved, and it really is a better world.

There is no place better than that that is shared with this church. The church moves and recombines wherever we go, and it provides a security beyond that of a bank, it provides more care than hospitals and more peace than any secluded end of the world. It is amazing how people who mutually love God can have so much joy when they come together because of a gathered faith. You see God in the people and you can be who you truly want to be because the grace of God spreads to you. Each person is just so amazing when they are filled with the love of God. The family of Grace Church to me, is unmatched wherever I go. They are a bunch that reminds me that I have things to live for, and they are a bunch that will always give me a smile when I need it. I am restored by the unity that I see in the youth and young adults. Every pain, and every fear in my heart gets swept away.

No comments:

Post a Comment