Thursday 31 October 2013

So I had a play with Photoshop this afternoon. It's been a while, takes a while too, but to me it's great fun. I hope you don't see me as shallow, maybe a little creepy.. It is a bit weird trying to make people look better but I like the fun of the process and seeing the difference. I also learned how to make boobs LOL! Even on men - it's pretty funny. It also becomes apparent that almost all the photos we see today have been digitally enhanced to the point where the person is nothing like the original. I like preserving original beauty, but I also like giving people a look into a so called 'ideal' version of themselves. In doing this though, things should not be overdone and respect must be shown to each subject. Really the only reason I only have women being photoshopped when I do people, is because of two simple reasons. Firstly, I don't want to be staring at a dude the whole time while doing my work; it is just weird. Secondly, it is the female image that has been manipulated so much to an almost shameful point, because they give a lot to be sought after in the eyes of the media. It is a big fat joke. Yet I'm a culprit, which must make me a hypocrite no? I'm not sure. It's just fun to photoshop anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment