Sunday 28 September 2014

Weekend Away

Just went on a beautiful weekend away. I managed to run in the morning, I love to wake up on these special environments. The serenity is unbelievable. To experience a quiet time, to listen with God, and witness his great creation. He told me, "close your eyes." So I did. "Hear the sounds of all my creation," and I heard the cows mooing and birds calling. For some reason it was peaceful, yet it was just something I've heard so many times and it was so simple. The warm sun was accentuating His radiance to me, and after a whole night of star-gazing and appreciating His wonder, He told me, "this is only the beginning of my majesty." When I think about it, it sounds arrogant, but then it actually is very humbling; for God is a God of such great power, yet He shows is glory to us in such small things. The more I witness the beauty of His creation, the more I see the personal God. Then He told me to open my eyes- "look at all the blades of grass, I created each one." In a field of grass laden with dew and shimmering in the sunlight I was speechless, for a God who has seen countless beings, is part of every single detail in this world. Each blade of grass lived because He let it be so, how much more concern and thought does He put in each of us? We humans can come to love so many things, and a greater being has come to love and create it all.





No comments:

Post a Comment