Sunday 28 July 2013

Day 14 – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

It's hard to say really, it's more of a dream because a lot can and will change in 10 years. Things can drastically change in a matter of minutes. I will be almost 28, so hopefully I will be married, preferably the first kiddie here or on the way, working at my job and edging closer to my dream of aiding world poverty.

I would have hoped to have made my first trip to Africa, learning as much as possible and to begin constructing away to help a single town that is struck by poverty. Poverty is not just the fact that children can't eat or drink, but rather it creates a dangerous society where people have to fend for themselves and it is the survival of the fittest. People become vulnerable, crime soars and people try to break the law to gain a break from their poverty and it really isn't right.

I should be married or I'll be pretty sad. Lonely as. I don't want to be the couple that has their first kid at like 35; I want to have some youth in me to run with my kids, to show them a thing or two about what dad can do. And to my future wife I definitely have dibs on good cop, my kids can love me and think you're the worst.  If I have children earlier, I can retire earlier or work till the common retiring age, earning to help society, God's church and maybe to step back and love my future grand kiddies and to be an old fart with my partnering old fart.

Most importantly, when I am 28 I should be serving God no matter how tough life got. No matter how long the hours go and the responsibilities that are piled on, I will forever stick with my friends, my brothers and sisters in Christ, my family and my God. If there were nothing in my life in the above to be successful, these are the things that matters most. And if these were the things that I lack and the above were successful, I deem my future to be failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment