Wednesday 3 July 2013

Triple Digit Heat

The United States of America is suffering through a tremendous heat wave. 19 firefighters tragically lost their lives in Arizona fending off a blaze. It is quite sad that things like this happen. But from the darkness light shines the brightest; people take up their kindness and enact it to do great things. Here is another Random Act of Kindness. May God bless those suffering in the current heat.

The whole western USA was burning up with record high temps. The city organized cooling centers and told everyone to watch for signs of heat stroke/exhaustion. It was hot at home and instead of cranking up the A/C, I decided to head to the mall to cool off. On my way, I noticed a man on a corner with a cardboard sign asking for help, it was 105 degrees. I decided I was cool enough in my car and if there was one man out in this heat, there were bound to be more. So I bought sport-top water bottles, ice & buckets; and started driving around looking for people who looked like they needed the water to survive the heat. Four hours, over 2 days, one by one, I helped 20+ people stay hydrated.

'Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.'

No comments:

Post a Comment