Wednesday 4 September 2013

Raising An Eyebrow

Call me insensitive and non-empathetic. But I do not see work as a repeated excuse when it probably wouldn't hinder a certain moment. I understand that if you have a real deadline, and you need that time to work because you really can't do it anywhere else or because you need as much time as possible, but sometimes I think, people use it as a poor reason. To be honest if you manage your time now and if this is something you've known from a long time away, it's just not a valid argument. Your reason should be: "sorry I'm an irresponsible person who cannot take the consequences of my actions" or "sorry, I'm a massive excuse maker".

Prioritise. Work is important, and you should do it. But never use work to deny others or yourself of some things just because you've procrastinated for far too long. I notice one thing. The whole time last year, where I put God first, I never had no time for work. If I didn't do well as I'd hoped, or complete work, the blame lies all on me. There is no reason that you cannot come to church on a Sunday morning because you need to "work", and you end up waking up at 12pm and really you've done nothing at all. You can't compromise God because of work because firstly, God is more important; secondly, when you honour God, God honours you.

So no excuses. Work is a part of your discipline. Don't make it an excuse. Don't let it hold you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment