Saturday 25 October 2014

6 Months

I've finally understood what overcoming addiction is like.

Today marks the day of 6 months free and I cannot believe I have made it this far. I dare not say it is of my own merit but only from God's push. It's no coincidence that me taking my relationship with Him more seriously has changed my life and that's His power at work.

It's not over yet, I know, but such a burden has lifted to know that God can empower me to overcome a problem that sometimes seemed way too difficult to conquer. Ultimately it is a battle with myself, and I am my most challenging enemy. One can never beat themselves, they will need help to overcome. I never wanted to hit rock bottom, but I think I realise that the inability to recover and giving in is rock bottom.

I'm on the rise now: today is a day for celebration. God's love has saved me and I'm leaving another sin behind, as it dies in me and I live in Christ.

All praise to Him forever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment